How to Activate the Read Out Loud Feature on Kindle?
Most Kindle content and personal documents can use text-to-speech (TTS). If Kindle read-out-loud capability is available for your book, you’ll see “Text-to-Speech: Enabled” on the product detail page before you purchase your book.
- While reading, tap the center of the screen and then tap the menu icon “Aa” in the upper right corner.
- Tap “More,” and then start the text-to-speech.
- In your Kindle book, tap the screen to show the progress bar, and then tap the “Play” button next to the progress bar to start the text-to-speech feature.
- To increase or decrease the reading speed of the text-to-speech voice, tap the “Narration Speed” icon.
- You can listen to the text-to-speech voice through the external speakers on your device or your earphones plugged into the headphone jack.
- If you’re reading a book in another language, you can download a text-to-speech voice for that language without leaving the book. Tap the download prompt at the bottom of the progress bar to install the text-to-speech voice. Kindle read-out-loud is a valuable feature.
What is Kindle?
Amazon Kindle is a series of e-readers designed and marketed by Amazon. Amazon Kindle devices enable users to browse, buy, download, and read e-books, newspapers, magazines, and other digital media via wireless networking to the Kindle Store.
What is Kindle Store?
The Kindle Store is an online e-book e-commerce store operated by Amazon as part of its retail website and can be accessed from any Amazon Kindle, Fire tablet, or Kindle mobile app.
What is an e-book?
An e-book (short for electronic book), also known as an e-book or eBook, is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices.
What is e-commerce?
E-commerce (electronic commerce) is electronically buying or selling products on online services or over the Internet.
How Does Kindle Work?
Using the Kindle is almost as simple as reading a book. To gain access to the content on your Kindle, you turn it on by sliding the power switch on the bottom to the right.
Once your Kindle is on, you have the option to choose from any of the books or content you have saved on your device. After you open something to read, you push the forward or backward button to turn the pages.
How to Download Content to Your Kindle?
When you get a Kindle, you need to download content before you can start reading. Once you find something you want to download on the Kindle store, it allows you to download the content immediately.
The content is downloaded through a cellular network or Wi-Fi, depending on the type of Kindle you have and the type of signal available. You do not have to pay for downloading through the cellular network or Wi-Fi. The cost of the book is the only cost incurred.
What are the Further Functions of Kindle?
You can create a Kindle Email address to make your Kindle experience better. Also, new versions of Kindle allow you to browse the web to Access additional reading content.
What Is Kindle Email For?
One of the attractive features of the Kindle is that it allows you to get your Kindle email address. Once you have this email address, anything you send to it will be converted to your Kindle.
For example, if you send a PDF file to the email address, it is converted to a file format that the Kindle can use. It accepts PDF, TXT, and DOC files. This allows you to read emails or any other document you may have.
How to Browse Web on Kindle?
On the newer versions of the Kindle, users have the option of browsing the Web in addition to reading content. With the Web browser capabilities, you connect to the Internet through a Wi-Fi network. This function requires you to be within range of a Wi-Fi network.
As of the time of publication, Internet browsing could not be done through the cellular networks that allow book downloads. This functionality will enable users to check their email or read their favorite Web pages in real time.
Why Should You Consider Using Kindle?
There are several benefits of using Kindle, such as:
- All your books will be on a single device
- You will have access to cheap and free books
- You will have access to instantaneous reading
- You can quickly look up definitions
- You can highlight and annotate passages easily
What are the Differences between Kindle and Tablets?
The critical difference between a Kindle and a Tablet is its purpose.
Kindle is a device that attempts to mirror the reading experience of a physical book through technology. The goal of a Kindle is to provide an enhanced reading experience while enabling the user to access thousands of readers.
On the other hand, a tablet is more of a compromise between a smartphone and a laptop. A Tablet has almost all smartphone functionalities but comes with a bigger screen.
Although a tablet can also be used for reading books, the primary purpose of a tablet is quite different from that of a Kindle. Kindle readers prefer Kindle because their aim is usually to read books.
What are the Differences between Kindle and Audible?
Since both Kindle Unlimited and Audible are Amazon products, there’s less difference between these two than you might expect! While Audible is one of the pure audiobook subscriptions, Kindle Unlimited lets you read ebooks and magazines for free.
How to Use Kindle App on Mobile Devices?
For an Apple iOS device like iPhone or iPad, you can use a screen reading feature called Speak Screen, which works well with the Kindle read out loud.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Select “General”, “Accessibility”, and “Speech ” and toggle “Speak Screen” on.
- Open the e-book you want to be read to you.
- Activate “Speak Screen” by swiping down with two fingers from the top of the screen. Once your device recognizes this gesture, it’ll start reading.
With the Kindle app for Android, you can use Google Text-to-Speech, designed to read the screen content aloud.
- Download and install the app.
- Navigate to “Settings”, “Language & Input,” and then “Text-to-Speech output”.
- Select “Google Text-to-Speech Engine” as your default engine.
- Open the e-book you want read to you.
- Press the “Menu” button, then select “Start Text-to-Speech”. Your device will start to read the text aloud.