How to Add Text to Speech on Instagram Reels?
Text-to-speech is one of Instagram’s most recent updates. The read-text-aloud feature of Instagram converts text to audio. In addition, it now supports different male and female voices. To activate text-to-speech and change the voiceover on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Instagram on your Apple or Android device
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- Click the plus icon
- Choose Instagram reels from the options
- Record a video or upload it from the gallery
- Click on “Preview”
- Press the “Aa” Text icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Write the text, then tap anywhere on the screen to end the text
- Press the text balloon at the bottom left corner
- Select “Text to Speech” from the three-dot menu
- Choose one of the Voice effects
- Press “Done”
You can also change the text reader’s duration and adjust the voice generator’s volume levels in the audio mixer to balance the background music.
The text was now read aloud by an artificial voice. Check out this video for the tutorial video: How to Use Text to Speech on Instagram Reels.
What Do People Use Auto-generated Voices on Instagram Stories?
Increased Accessibility: Text reader makes Instagram stories or reels more accessible for those who are visually impaired.
Increased Screen Time: The simultaneous presence of audio and video makes content easier to consume.
Language Barriers: If the user speaks a language other than the one used in the story, the auto-generated voice can be modified for better comprehension.
Multitasking: In situations when people are not able to view the screens but listen to audio, the auto-generated voices allow them to access the content without watching it directly.
Why has Instagram become more popular?
- Easy to use: Instagram has a user-friendly interface. Instagram can place multiple features on a page with buttons at the top and bottom.
- Instagram observes the innovations of its competitors: Instagram follows the updates of rapidly rising social media platforms such as TikTok.
- Users can create their sound and effects tools: Different users use and popularize audio and video effects created by public accounts. This enables Instagram to create trends with little effort, allowing people to express their creativity.
- An increasing variety of features: Instagram continues to add many new features such as video and audio conversation, messaging, creating close friends, liking stories, and adding text readers to the content.
Why Isn’t Text-to-Speech Working on Instagram?
There may be different reasons why Instagram’s text-to-speech feature is not working. The three most common reasons are:
- The App is not Updated: Ensure you have upgraded Instagram to the latest version on IOS or Android devices. The outdated Instagram version is a common issue for text-to-speech on Instagram not working. To update the Instagram app on your mobile device follow these steps:
- Open App Store or Google Play
- Tap on “Update” if the option is available
- Update Your Mobile Devices Android or IOS to the Latest Version: Application updates may be designed for the latest version of the operating system. For example, some updates are unavailable in versions before iOS 16. Operating systems are working to resolve bugs and optimize performance. These problems are fixable with system updates.
- Territory Limitation: Even if you have the newest application installed, you can’t utilize the text reader if it’s inactive in your region. That’s why the text-to-voice function is not available in all areas. Furthermore, users in different locations can choose from various voice effect features. Instagram announces new updates on its community page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reels is a new video post format on Instagram. Instagram Reels is a kind of collage of multiple short videos. Reels provide a wide range of creative tools, such as text-to-speech, face filters, stickers, voice effect options, hashtags, emojis, audio add-on features, slowdown, acceleration, and other new features that allow users to express themselves. Instagram users can use the sounds of other vocalists or their voices with various audio tools. Reels shifted people’s perspectives and generated new trending viral content.
Instagram Business is a setting that allows Instagram users to run ads, track the performance of their campaigns, and sell items. The Instagram business account offers a variety of data about posts, stories, and account visits. These data can determine the account’s audience and measure posts’ interaction based on time or content. In addition, once upgraded the profile to a professional version, it is possible to create Instagram advertisements. Also, Facebook ads tools can be utilized to create Instagram ads.
To convert your account to Business, follow these steps:
Open the Instagram application > Go to the profile section > Press the icon at the top right corner >
Select “Account” > Press Switch to Business Account > press “Switch to Business” to confirm
All Business accounts are public accounts.