There are many fantastic romance audiobooks available that cater to different preferences and subgenres within romance. So, here are some highly acclaimed romance novels that have received positive reviews:
1. “Outlander” by Diana Gabaldon, narrated by Davina Porter
2. “The Hating Game” by Sally Thorne, narrated by Katie Schorr
3. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen, narrated by Rosamund Pike
4. “Hook, Line, and Sinker” by Tessa Bailey
5. “Book Lovers” by Emily Henry, narrated by Julia Whelan
6. “Love on the Brain” by Ali Hazelwood, narrated by Brooke Bloomingdale
7. “Red, White & Royal Blue” by Casey McQuiston
8. “The Witness” by Nora Roberts
9. “Witches Get Stuff Done” by Molly Harper, narrated by Teddy Hamilton
10. “The Bridgertons: The Duke and I” by Julia Quinn, narrated by Rosalyn Landor
11. ”Back to Your Love” by Kianna Alexander
12. ”Part of Your World” by Abby Jimenez
13. “It Starts with Us” by Colleen Hoover
14. “Crimes of Passion” by Jack Harbon
These romance audiobooks offer captivating stories, memorable characters, and talented narrators who bring romance and emotions to life. Whether you prefer billionaire romance, historical romance, contemporary romance, or romantic comedy, this list includes a mix of popular titles that have resonated with readers and listeners alike. It is possible to find these best-selling authors’ books from Audible and Amazon with good audiobook narration.
With these romance audiobooks, you can find young adult characters who are grumpy, swoon-worthy, heartbreakers, or even bad boys, which are all indispensable elements of romance novels.
1. Romance Audiobook Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
While exploring an ancient circle of standing stones, Claire Randall is thrown back in time, leaving her world — and her husband — behind in 1945 and emerging in 18th-century Scotland. It’s there that she encounters Jamie Fraser, and their meeting sparks an epic adventure-filled romance. Clocking in at nearly 33 hours, Outlander is a longer listen, but Davina Porter’s seamless narration helps the time fly by.
2. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
If you can’t get enough of the tried-and-true enemies-to-lovers trope, then you’ll love this hilarious and heartfelt workplace romance audiobook. Joshua Templeton is Lucy Hutton’s coworker and sworn nemesis, and the two are caught in a constant battle at the office.
3. Romance Audiobook Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
There are plenty of choices for listening to Elizabeth Bennet fall in love with Mr. Darcy, but it’s hard to top this one. Rosalyn Landor, whose audiobook credits include current romance powerhouses like Julia Quinn and Mary Balogh, does Jane Austen’s famed novel justice. So, Lizzy’s astute observations and Darcy’s proposals have never sounded better.
4. Romance Audiobook Hook, Line, and Sinker by Tessa Bailey
In this romance audiobook, author Tessa Bailey is an expert in capturing intense chemistry and true friendships between her characters, The Bellinger Sisters series is a great example of that. Also, now we have the second book in the series, Hook, Line, and Sinker which follows Hannah Bellinger who is friends with fisherman Fox Thornton.
5. Book Lovers by Emily Henry
Award-winning Julia Whelan is flawless in her performance as Nora Stephens, an uptight New York literary agent who is on vacation in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina—a city that seems to be her very antithesis. While there, she runs into her nemesis, a book editor who is in town for his own hidden reasons. Book Lovers by Emily Henry is a love letter to people who love stories—the people who write them, who sell them, who edit them, who read them, who listen to them, who escape into them. But it’s also a story about sisterhood and grief and belonging and, yes, true love.
6. Romance Audiobook Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood
This is one of the best books of Hazelwood and is in part a classic enemies-to-lovers story but, as with every Hazelwood hero, there is way more than meets the eye.
7. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
Casey McQuiston’s New York Times–bestselling debut is a memorable royal romance filled with witty banter and a fake friendship that becomes something more. After a confrontation lands them in the tabloids, Henry, the Prince of Wales, and Alex Claremont-Diaz, America’s First Son, are forced to stage a truce. But as they grow closer, their newfound relationship could have an international impact on politics. Ramón de Ocampo’s knack for dialogue will leave you laughing as he brings this hilarious and heartwarming novel to life.
8. The Witness by Nora Roberts
When a single night of teenage rebellion goes horribly wrong, Elizabeth Fitch enters the witness protection program at just 16. Years later, as Abigail Lowery, she lives a quiet life in the Ozarks, determined to remain hidden from the Russian mob. Romance readers will love this new book by Nora Roberts.
9. Romance Audiobook Witches Get Stuff Done by Molly Harper
It is a delightful and humorous paranormal romantic suspense. When witch Tammy Jo Trask’s magical powers are unexpectedly enhanced, she must navigate the challenges of her newfound abilities.
10. The Bridgertons: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
Bridgerton is a fast-paced, heart-stopping steamy historical romance audiobook, that everyone should listen to. You might have seen the Netflix series based on Julia Quinn’s New York Times bestselling novel, even if you didn’t, you won’t regret listening to this humorous romance audiobook. Author, Jill Barnett even described Julia Quinn as a contemporary of Jane Austen.
11. Romance Audiobook Back to Your Love by Kianna Alexander
Fans of second-chance romances will love the first book in Kiana Alexander’s Southern Gentlemen series, which follows a group of former Theta Delta Theta fraternity brothers. Businessman and aspiring politician Xavier Whitted isn’t expecting to find the woman who broke his heart at his best friend’s wedding, but when he sees Imani Grant, he’s determined to win her back.
12. Romance Audiobook Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez
Abby Jimenez is not only the founder of the award-winning cupcake shop Nadia Cakes—but she’s also authored several stories that transcend typical rom-com. Jimenez’s novels take you on emotional journeys that tug at your heart strings long after the listen is done. Part of Your World finds a workaholic ER doctor’s path crossing with a small-town mayor when her car gets stuck in a ditch.
13. Romance Audiobook It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover is not only the undisputed queen of #BookTok but also of romance too. Her novels tend to leave a part of themselves in my mind and heart—It Starts with Us is no exception. Olivia Song and Arrow alum Colin Donnell amazingly narrate this thoughtful, beautiful, and necessary novel.
14. Romance Audiobook Crimes of Passion by Jack Harbon
Jack Harbon’s Crimes of Passion is a stand-alone audio lover’s dream. Told through podcast episodes and segments of audio outtakes meant to mirror a podcast’s recording process, this is a love story that almost feels like a behind-the-scenes documentary.