Numerous text-to-speech applications and Google Chrome extensions are available for Microsoft and iOS devices. Also, you can download applications for iOS and Android from the app stores of your devices. The voice of the person reading aloud can also be changed depending on the specified language.
Do third-party applications have different voice options?
Some TTS tools support different voices and some don’t. Speaktor is one of the best text-aloud apps. Speaktor offers over 40 different language options and a few unique custom voices for every foreign language.
What are the advantages of different voice options of text reader tools?
Text-to-speech technology is an excellent feature for busy people who need voice support. Text-to-speech technology allows your device to read text aloud. You can also change the default language and turn this feature on or off. There may be several advantages to using the speech synthesizer feature:
- Differentiate your content: Some producers are struggling to find time to create an entire episode podcast or YouTube video. Podcasts and YouTube videos with unique voice options can now be created thanks to text-to-speech converters.
- Easily add dubbing: Dubbing is a very time-consuming process. It requires translation, recording, and mixing. All of this takes time and money. But now, with the help of Speaktor, you can add dubbing in foreign languages to your videos. You can also export the video in your speech or any other language.
- Increase Accessibility: The text-to-speech feature is available as an accessibility option for people who have trouble reading or understanding written words, but it is also an excellent tool for children who want to learn how to read, for people who don’t speak English as their first language, and for anyone who would like an easy way of listening to books or other texts without having to read them themselves. Those who learn new languages benefit significantly from the multiple languages feature of the text.
- Create videos quickly: One of the most popular types of advertising is video advertisements. These ads can attract a large audience and hold their attention for longer than a still image. Also, video educational materials have become more popular and valuable.
Thanks to the Text reader, it takes much less time to create high-quality marketing or e-learning videos with natural voices. You can optimize your time and money by utilizing the power of machine learning.
What is text-to-speech?
TTS is a technology that converts text to natural-sounding voices. TTS can synthesize audio files and real-time voices. Online text readers provide them with a human-like voice or animated voice. It allows the users to hear the text they are reading aloud with machine learning. The voice can be customized, and different voices can be used to make the text more interesting. Most text-to-speech tools function in the same way. You can either paste the text into the textbox or upload a file.
Which social media platforms have their own tts feature?
Tiktok, Instagram, discord, and google docs are some examples of applications that have their speech synthesis feature. These voiceover technologies in favorite apps generally have default voices or limited speech options. Also, the features of social media sites are limited to specific tools and cannot be adapted to other mobile applications.
How to Change the Text-to-Speech Voice on a Mac?
If you’re unsatisfied with the default voice, there are options to change it. You can change the voice of your writing assistant at any time and find the perfect fit for your needs. To change the language and speech voice on Mac, follow these steps:
- Click the Apple icon and tap System Preferences
- Choose Accessibility from the popup menu
- Select the Speech option from the left sidebar
- Open a dropdown menu by clicking on the System Voice
- You can choose different voice options from other male and female sounds
Follow the steps below to add sounds other than the default sounds:
- Tap System Voice and then Customize
- Select to download from various language and sounds options and click the OK button
- Wait until it is downloaded
- Now you can use different voice options on your Mac for text to voice
To learn more about Mac text-to-speech settings, check Apple’s support site.
If the text reader is not working, check the updates about the ios version of your Mac device.
How to customize Google ttsreader voices on Chromebook?
You can use the Acapela TTS Engine chrome extension to purchase different voices and languages to customize the voice of Google Text Reader. To the personalized sound of text to voice on Chromebook, apply these easy steps:
- Go to the “Chrome Web Store”
- Find the extension search field and type “Acapela TTS Engine” into it
- Press the “Add to Chrome” button on the right of the screen
- Give permissions to install by pressing the “Add extension” box
- Wait until it is installed
- Go to Settings and click Advance
- Select Manage accessibility features from the menu
- Tap Text-to-Speech voice settings
- Tap “Speech Engines,”
- Click “Acapela TTS Engine,” select Settings
- Select and apply the voice that you want to buy and apply
To learn more about Google text-to-voice preferences settings, check this link: Change the language or voice of spoken text – Google Accessibility Help.
Frequently Asked Questions about changing Text to Speech voice?
Service providers are enhancing their offerings by incorporating new voice options and accents such as human voices that include child, male and female voices. The price policies of text-to-speech tools change as new voice language, or speed options are added. Some applications provide limited free text-to-speech tutorial services. You can find more details about pricing on their website based on subscription models.
Android has an online read-aloud feature, and audio file convert apps for android and ios are available in app stores. Speaktor provides an Android application with text-to-speech.