How to Read Your PDF Aloud on Android?
There are several apps that make a PDF file read out loud on Android devices:
- eReader Prestigio
- Speech Central
1- eReader Prestigio
eReader Prestigio is an app designed for the Android operating system, allowing users to have PDF files and eBooks read aloud. This app lets users enjoy reading books aloud and PDF documents. The app offers over 50,000 books to choose from and is multi-lingual, with over 25 languages on offer. The app can be downloaded directly from the Google Play Store.
Natural Reader is a popular program for reading PDF documents on Android devices. This is a program that gives you access to lots of voices that can read your PDF files. It can be expensive if you need to upgrade from the free version to the premium version. The free version does not give you access to many of its features.
3- Speech Central
Speech Central is an app that has been designed for people with visual issues. It can handle PDF files, along with numerous other file types, using Bluetooth. It can handle PDF documents, but it has been designed for people with visual disabilities, which means it can be hard to use depending on your needs.
How to Make Your PDF Files Read Aloud on iOS?
If you need a program that can read Adobe Acrobat files on either your iPhone or iPad, you need a program that can handle iOS. There is a native program on the iPhone. All you need to do is go to settings, accessibility and then hit spoken content.
You can use this app to read the text on the screen, but you might consider using further apps such as:
- Voice Dream Reader
- vBookz PDF Voice Reader
- Adobe Reader
1- Voice Dream Reader
This is a program that can help you take your PDF files and convert them into voice files. The program can handle 27 languages, and it comes with 36 voices. It can handle lots of file types, including PDF files, but it can be costly to employ.
2- vBookz PDF Voice Reader
If you need a program that can read your files to you easily, then this PDF Voice Reader can be helpful. The program provides different voices but it is not possible to customize voices in this app.
vBookz Opens your files directly from Dropbox, Mail, Safari, and G-Drive.
3- Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader enables you to have your files read aloud and even customize the experience by setting the narrator’s voice and choosing the pace of the reading to best suit your needs.
What About Macbooks and Windows Devices?
If you need a program from the app store that can help you read on a Mac or Windows, you can use Speaktor, as well.
But for Macs, the Preview app of Apple also provides text-to-speech feature by default to its users. If you open your PDF files by Preview, you won’t need other apps.
To activate read out loud on Preview:
- Open a document with Preview
- Click “Edit” on the left top of the computer’s screen
- Hover on “Speech”
- Click “Start Speaking”
How to Read Aloud PDF Files in Chrome?
If you have Google Chrome, then you might want to use the innate Chrome reader to read your Google Docs and PDF files to you on the web browser.
This is not necessarily free, as the price is dependent on the number of characters that you read per month.
Also you can read out loud on Chrome by using Chrome Extensions. Adding these extensions make it possible to read aloud the PDF files that are not downloaded on your device but that can be read on the webpage.
What is PDF File?
PDF stands for “portable document format”. Essentially, the format is used when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed.
You can convert almost all your files such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint to PDF format.
- How to Save a File in PDF Format on Macbook?
- Open a file you want to convert to PDF format.
- Click the “File” button on Apple’s toolbar at the left top of your computer’s screen.
- Click “Save As”.
- Choose the PDF option.
1-How to Save a File in PDF Format on Windows?
- Open a file you want to convert to PDF format.
- If the file was previously saved, select File > Save a Copy.
- If the file is unsaved, select File > Save As.
- Select Browse to choose the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
- In the drop-down list, select PDF.
- Select “Save”.
2-How to Save a File in PDF Format on iPhone or iPad?
- Open the file you wish to convert to a PDF document.
- Tap the “Share” icon.
- Select “Print”.
- Tap “Print” again.
- You’ll see that the file is now a PDF document.
- From here, you can share it directly via another app.
- Tap “Save to Files” to save it to your iPhone or iPad as a PDF document.
3-How to Save a File in PDF Format on Android?
- Open the file that you want to save as a PDF.
- Then tap “File” on your tablet or tap the “File” icon on your phone.
- On the File tab, tap “Print”.
- If not already selected, tap “Save as PDF” on the drop-down list and then tap “Save”.
- Now tap on “Save”.
- Choose a location for your PDF, enter a new name (optional), and then tap “Save”.